Architecture Linked - Architect & Architectural Social Network

What is your favorite city?

Tags: City, Favorite

Views: 225

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

first of all, great picture!!
I love Sao Paulo, Brazil, where I live, but hate the chaos in it. I love it as a tourist, I love when I have guests and I'm asked to show them around. We have pretty much everything here. But, I can't live here anymore, it's just too crazy.. Am I getting to old in my 25?
So, I don't know how to answer your question. My favorite city to live? to visit? the most beautiful? I could say different answers for each question.
Great post Suellen, I guess I purposely left the question vague so you can decide for yourself which is more important. I've never been to Sao Paulo, but I would very much like to visit several places in Brazil should I ever get the chance to go. 25 isn't that old, bye the way ;P.
If you ever have the chance, come! I make my own tours, specially when I have other architects with me, so let me know if you need any help for that!

I know 25 is not old, but I feel like I am, because of people my age usualy wants to come to SP and I wanna leave the city.
There're many beautiful cities in meny diferents places, but...
I LOVE BELO HORIZONTE, MINAS GERAIS, BRAZIL, THE CITY WHERE I LIVE, OF COURSE!!!!!
I must admit that Belo Horizonte has gone under my radar, but it looks like a beautiful hill city. I think I would like to visit Oscar Niemeyer's church there also, it looks very interesting. Great post.
BH is really beautiful, I really like this one!!
The church is interesting indeed, very Niemeyer. But if you want to see his work you should walk around BH, SP and specially Brasilia.
Hi Tyson,

Welcome to Brazil and BH! Besides all of Niemeyer’s buildings in BH, there are many towns nearby where you can find good examples of the Baroque architecture in Brazil. The best known town (which you might have heard of) is Ouro Preto, the largest urban agglomeration of the Brazilian Baroque, where, Niemeyer designed a hotel in the late 50s. For that reason, I believe that you should definitely come and visit!

Regards,
what is your favorite city Tyson?
Sorry to be so long in getting back to you Suellen. I didn't expect anyone to ask me that, so I hadn't really thought about it. I was just curious to see the reaction from the members here and their reasons. I suppose if I had to pick one, it would be Porto. The reason is because, unlike many cities I've been to, it wasn't pretentious. There's nothing flamboyant about it, it is what it is, and I loved it. It has great architecture, but each building contributed to the greater whole. It just seemed to be what it should be.

I do have quite a list of cities that I've loved visiting through the years, Buenos Aires, San Sebastian, Istanbul, Toronto, Rome and Barcelona to name a few. Salt Lake City will always have a warm place in my heart.
Tyson, Im sorry now for taking so long to read and reply. I was doing what I said on my answer, showing Sao Paulo to americans, going to my favorite places here, going to where the history is, where the good architecture is, where the good chaos is.

Thank you for your answer. I don't know if I can think of only one city like you did. I loved Kigali, Rwanda, cause is organized, but people are too serious ( because of the genocide yet) which made me feel unconfortable walking around. Mwanza, Tanzania, is naturaly beautiful, but I didn't see anything that we would call a beautiful architecture. My favorite spot ever is in Uganda, Lake Bunyonyi, but it's an island, you cannot call it a city.
I have a huge list of cities I want to visit, but after all, I think my favorite city is really Sao Paulo.
LAHORE.
its obvious tat each city or state is beautiful in its own way.. the only difference arises in our way of seeing it...
one of mi fav places is pattaya in thailand and hobart in tasmania,, and last but nt least "chennai" mi home town in india wer i live...

RSS

© 2014   Created by ArchitectureLinked.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service